50 giant-sized, custom-made, foot-in-your-chest kick drums
THUNDER exits the endless rehashes of vintage drum machines with an explosive fusion of high-energy samples that you can feel—instantly setting your tracks apart from the same sounds you’ve been hearing over and over and over. Designed by painstakingly weaving state-of-the-art acoustic captures with frequency-shredding synthesis techniques, THUNDER contains completely new textures the world will experience for the first time through your music.
• 50 all-new, production-ready kick drums (that's over three 16-pad banks!) like you've never heard before—each custom-designed to inspire FAST
• Hybrid samples that meld the best of event capture with frequency-shredding synthesis techniques
• A huge variety of kicks to ignite your creativity; slams, pokes, drawls, warps, rises, and so much more
• Completely new and unique synthetic elements expertly woven into an organic kick drum capture
• Captured using 5 state-of-the-art microphones across 4 bass drums using an eclectic mix of strike objects such as shoe heels, rubber mallets, and more
The true versatility of THUNDER comes from the collection’s ability to jumpstart songs or equally serve as the missing link in a project. The samples within THUNDER slam, slap, wobble, warp, whip, and crackle with searing authority. Select kick samples include complex articulations that seemingly unfold as the sample progresses, encouraging counter rhythms and bouncy syncopation. Use them alone or stack them with your sound libraries to create mind-blowing instruments that fill loudspeakers and headphones to the brim.
In all, we used 5 microphones to capture 4 acoustic drums on 2 mediums in order to arrive at these 50 kick samples. THUNDER features an eclectic mix of strike mediums—rubberized orchestral sticks, felt kick beaters, neoprene pads and shoe heels powered drums from Yamaha, Ludwig, Sonor, and Meinl. From there, each ultra-high resolution capture carries a synthetic element ranging from elaborate pitch bends to multi-layer distorted sub-bass notes. The results are inspiring samples with unique character you can’t get anywhere else.
- Pyro Audio samples work with all popular DAWs and groove production software that supports .WAV files. This includes (but is not limited to): Ableton Live, Logic Pro X, MPC Software, Maschine, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Studio One, iPad apps, and so on.
- Pyro Audio samples work with any hardware samplers that support 24-bit, 48 kHz .WAV files. Older samplers that do not support internal loading of 24-bit content will require that the samples be converted to 16-bit or lower. A number of free converter tools are available here so that if your requirements change, you can still use your Pyro collection.