- What makes you different than other sound libraries or services?
- Before we get into the sounds, please note that our content is always from scratch and contains all original content. This keeps your sound library constantly stocked with a treasure trove of fresh, new ideas that you can use to define your signature sound
- We priced Pyro so that there's zero risk, meanwhile your sound library expands with fresh content.
- We're honestly tired of hearing the same old drum sounds over and over. Selling you a classic drum machine sample pack does not move the art of beat production forward or encourage new ideas very well.
- We enjoy some sound libraries/services, but found there was nothing special about getting sounds the entire planet also has access to at all times. Nearly all producers latch onto new ideas through discovery of something they have never heard before, so we wanted to build on that experience—it's where the magic happens.
- Our unique synergy of affordability and surprise sonic exploration is essentially risk free. We want to ignite your creativity. Exorbitant prices and unoriginal sounds create pause, bottlenecking the creative process.
- Do Pyro Audio releases contain loops?
- Pyro Audio releases feature one-shot samples, with an emphasis on percussion (kicks, snares, hi-hats, transitions, textures, tonal drums, etc). Pyro is designed for elite music production and does not include loops, although many samples may contain enough audio content to be chopped and/or looped.
- What format are Pyro releases?
- Pyro releases contain a downloadable .zip file, which contains .WAV files. Samples are 24-bit, 48 kHz.
- How many sounds are contained in each release?
- At minimum we provide a few 16-pad banks worth, but there is no set minimum or maximum. We find it absurd to provide too few samples (or too many that have no useable value)—quality, variety and depth are absolute benchmarks for every Pyro Audio release.
- Will Pyro Audio content work with my hardware?
- Because Pyro Audio releases feature .WAV files, there are very few limits to what gear you can use to create with, if any. Older samplers that do not support internal loading of 24-bit content will require that the samples be converted to 16-bit or lower. A number of free converter tools are available here so that if your requirements change, you can still use your Pyro collection.
- Will Pyro Audio content work with my software?
- Virtually all audio software supports the use of .WAV files, including software samplers, drum modules, and beat making apps.
- What are Pyro's sound sources?
- Pyro Audio content is 100% original and not sampled from copyrighted recordings, ever. While we cannot divulge our secret sauce, we use a mind-boggling range of techniques to craft our critically-acclaimed textures. Pyro's sound designers capture new and innovative content every day using a mix of conventional (and highly-unconventional) audio recording methods like location audio, folely, sound synthesis, and medium transfer. For example, if sticking your rare, specialized $8,000 microphone out of a window in a rainstorm makes you cringe, it probably got us excited. Leave the dirty work to us.
- Do I need clearance to use Pyro samples?
- You never need clearance to use Pyro Audio samples in your creations because all content is 100% original, and we give you permission to use it without limits. We do not and will not claim any ownership of the tracks you create with Pyro.
- Will you ever include signature sounds of well-known producers?
- In short, no. There are endless ways to get signature sounds that already exist, but that is not what Pyro Audio is about. Pyro is about blazing new trails. For the record, we have nothing but admiration for well-known producers, and celebrate their success. Many of them actually inspired us to take this journey. We just hope you're next.
- Can I share/forward the download link?
- Download links will not work if forwarded, shared, or abused. The link you get is only for you, and will error out if abused.
- Can you send me a floppy disc/SD card/CD-ROM/ZIP disc/DVD/hard drive instead of a download link?
- Old habits die hard, but no. We still love you, though.
Payments & Accounts
- How can I pay for Pyro?
- We accept a wide variety of payments:
- All major credit cards: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, PayPal (individual sound packs only), etc
- Are payments secure?
- Absolutely. We use the Stripe and Shopify platforms to accept payments, and are highly credible with exceptional data encryption.
- What do you do with my account information and email address?
- Pyro will never sell or distribute your data to 3rd party companies. We also hate spammy emails, so don't expect any of those either—just account information emails, Pyro content, and an occasional special.
- Can I give the gift of Pyro Audio to someone else?
- Yes! Simply choose gift cards from the main menu
- What is your return & cancellation policy?
- All sales are final, and we do not offer any returns for digital goods. If you are not satisfied try emailing us.
- What if I need technical support?
- Pyro does not provide technical support for your hardware or software (DAWs, sequencers, samplers, etc). Please contact the manufacturer for assistance with your studio gear.
- I have a different question not answered here. Who should I contact?
- You may contact us by emailing email@example.com