64 production-ready percussion samples beaming with color in all directions
Crafted from scratch using soft-touch strikes, intimate mic'ing techniques and progressive spatial imaging, PRISM surrounds the listenerwith vibrant resonances and punchy impact.
• 64 all-new production-ready percussion instruments (that's four 16-pad banks!) that are beaming with colorful impact
• Chock full of kicks, snares and auxiliary percussion that can be layered into existing loops & samples are used as standalone fire-starters for your ideas
• Samples crafted with soft-touch strikes and intimate mic'ing of drums, tensioned fabrics, boxes, planks, ethnic percussion and more—all with larger-than-life presence and nuance
• Samples feature rounded transients and impacts that are full-bodied yet still punchy and clear
• Get inspired or upgrade your existing projects with all-new non-linear ideas
• Authored in the high-definition 24-bit domain for impressive dynamic range that pokes through your speakers
PRISM contains 64 all-new, from-scratch samples stretched to their limits for speaker-filling sound and glassy timbres that project warm, punchy dynamics onto your rhythm tracks. Every single sample features soft-touch sticking/strikes for rounded transients with just the right amount of bite, body, and movement. Strike instruments included rubber orchestra mallets, bundled socks, rute sticks, neoprene kick beaters, bean bags, and ropes—bringing heft and punch to the Sennheiser MKH 8070 shotgun mic used exclusively in the capture sessions.
PRISM captures featured a wide variety of percussion (and non-percussion) instruments from side snares, cajons, ukuleles, darbukas, cellophane wrappers, cardboard boxes, wooden planks, cymbals, and a huge range of fabrics. Each was mic’d extraordinarily close for intimate reproduction of nuanced details with the grit of the microphone’s natural proximity effect. These surreal details were then rounded, fragmented, and modulated for intense spatial imaging that puts the listener in the center of the action. Faint reverb tails and laser-like resonances give these percussion instruments an identity all their own, which makes them perfect for layering with your existing drum library or as standalone tools for inspiring projects. All of the samples in PRISM were initially captured and designed in the 96 kHz, 24-bit domain for dramatic dynamic range, then exported to 48 kHz while maintaining the extended bit depth.
This sound pack is royalty-free and yours to use for as long as you possess it.
- Pyro Audio samples work with all popular DAWs and groove production software that supports .WAV files. This includes (but is not limited to): Ableton Live, Logic Pro X, MPC Software, Maschine, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Studio One, iPad apps, and so on.
- Pyro Audio samples work with any hardware samplers that support 24-bit, 48 kHz .WAV files. Older samplers that do not support internal loading of 24-bit content will require that the samples be converted to 16-bit or lower. A number of free converter tools are available here so that if your requirements change, you can still use your Pyro collection.