56 samples designed to stretch the imagination of electronic music producers who love to bend (and blend) genres.
OBSOLETE 1 pulls 6 technological devices from our past into a future of audio yet to be experienced by human ears.
• 56 all-new production-ready sounds (that's three+ 16-pad banks!) designed to mash up genres
• Every sample builds upon the mechanical traits of obsolete tech
• Samples incorporate the nuance of VCR decks, rotary analog telephones, hand-cranked radios, monochromatic video game consoles and more
• Contains core drum kit elements such as kicks and snares, flanked by eccentric sonic flourishes to set your tracks apart
• Wet and dry variations of specific samples for instant inspiration and customization
• Inimitable audible textures jump out of speakers with seemingly visible colors of excitement
• Captured in the 96 kHz / 24-bit domain for huge dynamic range and ultra-low noise floor
• Ultra-wide imaging for full-bodied impact on headphones and speakers
Each sample in OBSOLETE 1 contains elements of consumer electronic devices rendered obsolete by technological advancements. The devices and their mechanical characteristics were dissected and stitched into the fabric of all-new percussion samples. The devices in OBSOLETE 1 include a rotary analog telephone phone, an electric typewriter, two video cassette recorders, hi-fi cassette player, crank emergency radio, and monochromatic handheld video game console. From core drum kit elements to eccentric sonic flourishes, this sound pack turns one man’s trash into a beat maker’s treasure.
The entire sample pack was captured at 96 kHz, with a 24-bit depth for superb dynamic range and realism. Suited perfectly for this task, a stereo set of e914 small-diaphragm condenser microphones were used to detail the microscopic nuances of each obsolete device, further enhanced by ultra-fat imaging. On speakers and headphones, these one-of-a-kind drums sound fresh and full-bodied, seemingly jumping into the air with color and excitement.
- Pyro Audio samples work with all popular DAWs and groove production software that supports .WAV files. This includes (but is not limited to): Ableton Live, Logic Pro X, MPC Software, Maschine, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Studio One, iPad apps, and so on.
- Pyro Audio samples work with any hardware samplers that support 24-bit, 48 kHz .WAV files. Older samplers that do not support internal loading of 24-bit content will require that the samples be converted to 16-bit or lower. A number of free converter tools are available here so that if your requirements change, you can still use your Pyro collection.