69 explosive percussion instruments that dazzle, crackle, and slapThis collection features the searing sound events of igniting and combusting fireworks as the backbone for your transient-loaded rhythms. The scrape of a flint wheel, the reverberant slap of a firecracker, chest-kicking sonic booms, the suspense of a lit fuse—NITRO has all that and more. It’s a sonic treasure trove of high-energy percussion sounds that dazzle within your tracks.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A SOUND EFFECTS SOUND PACK and only contains elements designed from ignition and combustion cycles of fireworks.
- 69 all-new, production-ready percussion samples (that's over FOUR 16-pad banks!) with explosive bite
- all samples are 24-bit .WAV files spanning kicks, snares, rises, auxiliary percussion, transitions, and chop-able surprises
- select sample sources include fireworks, fuses, flint wheels, Zippo lids, sparklers, and more—all mutated into next-generation percussion instruments that crack with authority
- ultra-high wide dynamic range samples born from 24-bit / 96 kHz recordings featuring the Sennheiser MKH8040 and select 3D spatial AMBEO captures
NITRO features 69 explosive percussion samples composed to ignite your music production. Captured in the 24-bit/96 kHz domain over the course of 3 days, NITRO contains highly dynamic transient samples perfect for livening up your productions. Loaded with creative percussion, snares, crackling burnouts and transitions, it brings a familiar “sky filling” sound to your sample library with a futuristic twist. Each sound event has been skillfully dissected, mutated, and transformed into the drum samples tomorrow requires.
NITRO started with outdoor documentation of 10 different kinds of fireworks. Due to the extremities of fireworks’ dynamic range, each explosive was recorded on two simultaneous mediums: the Sennheiser x Apogee AMBEO binaural headset and the Sennheiser MKH8040. The latter offers unbeatable SPL handling capabilities, and when coupled with our Sound Devices’ ultra-wide dynamic range Kashmir™ preamps, provides the necessary sonic integrity to faithfully capture the explosive power of a combusting fireworks without unwanted clipping.
Because no two fireworks can combust in the same exact way, each sound event contains completely unique “DNA”. The sessions concluded with foley-style manipulation of 4 different ignition mediums (lighters, matches, etc) to add a mechanical flair to your beats—especially when used in counter-rhythms and in syncopation with your other instruments.
If you’re seeking an efficient way to make your tracks independent from overused drum sounds, NITRO is an explosive start.
- Pyro Audio samples work with all popular DAWs and groove production software that supports .WAV files. This includes (but is not limited to): Ableton Live, Logic Pro X, MPC Software, Maschine, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Studio One, iPad apps, and so on.
- Pyro Audio samples work with any hardware samplers that support 24-bit, 48 kHz .WAV files. Older samplers that do not support internal loading of 24-bit content will require that the samples be converted to 16-bit or lower. A number of free converter tools are available here so that if your requirements change, you can still use your Pyro collection.