70 organic drum samples from the fringes of the stratosphere
METEORYTE contains percussion samples searing with intense spallation—sounds that break apart and decompose as if they were entering the atmosphere at peak velocity.
• 70 intense, all-new production-ready percussion instruments (that's over four 16-pad banks!) that distort, break down, warp, and bend through ADSR
• Loaded with kicks, snares, cymbals, auxiliary percussion, and dissectible soundbites unlike anything you've ever heard
• Samples feature moving elements that form all-new counter-rhythms when layered onto other instruments
• Each sample uses a complex blend of distortion, dynamic stress processing, vocoding, and variable bit reduction
• Re-energizes your existing projects, or acts as a fast jumpoff point for new ideas
• Authored in the high-definition 96 kHz, 24-bit domain for impressive dynamic range that pokes through your speakers
The eroding sounds of METEORYTE are, ironically, the ideal building blocks for fresh rhythmic ideas. As each sample sizzles, distorts, bends, and flakes apart next to the other instruments in your projects, it generates an all-new series of sound events that pull your listeners deep into your compositions.
The core of the sample pack revolves around the combination of kicks, snares, and crash cymbals, which are supplemented with a unique collection of “chunks” that can be layered or chopped or processed. Using each sample in its entirety fills your sonic canvas with movement and illustrative timbres. By contrast, reducing the sample length yields just the right amount of "poke" to steer your speakers into interesting and uncharted territory.
METEORYTE was authored in high resolution 96 kHz while pushing the limits of the 24-bit domain's dynamic range. The design process used a constant set of processing tools to harmonize critical textures across the entire collection. Key tools include a proprietary workflow beginning with harmonic distortion, dynamic stress processing, formant carrier filtering, and automated variable bit reduction. The end result is a uniquely fresh drum kit capable of being the backdrop for years of new production work.
This sound pack is royalty-free and yours to use for as long as you possess it.
- Pyro Audio samples work with all popular DAWs and groove production software that supports .WAV files. This includes (but is not limited to): Ableton Live, Logic Pro X, MPC Software, Maschine, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Studio One, iPad apps, and so on.
- Pyro Audio samples work with any hardware samplers that support 24-bit, 48 kHz .WAV files. Older samplers that do not support internal loading of 24-bit content will require that the samples be converted to 16-bit or lower. A number of free converter tools are available here so that if your requirements change, you can still use your Pyro collection.