.WAV after .WAV of percussion instruments from the depths of the Atlantic Ocean—78 of them to be exact
Fueled by sound captures of barren beaches, DRIFTWOOD fills your studio with rhythmic stimulation. From the soft collapse of salt-crusted seaweed to pulse-pounding tidal breaks, we documented the best the ocean had to offer and then transformed it into four+ 16-pad banks of futuristic groove instruments that allow your imagination to truly flow.
NOTE: THIS IS NOT A SOUND EFFECTS SOUND PACK and does NOT contain documentary-style captures of the ocean, so read on!
- 78 all-new, production-ready percussion samples (that's over FOUR 16-pad banks!) morphed from sound captures along barren beaches lining the Atlantic Ocean
- all samples are 24-bit .WAV files spanning kicks, snares, rises, auxiliary percussion, tonal instruments, and plenty of chop-able surprises
- select sample sources include bone-dry driftwood, salt-crusted seaweed, wave breaks, and cascading shells—all mutated into next-generation percussion instruments that inspire
- ultra-high definition source recordings feature the Sennheiser MKH800 and Sennheiser x Apogee AMBEO binaural microphones
Our eleventh limited-edition sound pack DRIFTWOOD brings 78 percussion sounds from the depths of the Atlantic into the heart of your sound library.
DRIFTWOOD was captured in 24-bit/96kHz with the venerable Sennheiser MKH800, and the Sennheiser x Apogee AMBEO binaural headset. This combination of detail and phase integrity laid the groundwork for the intricate metamorphosis that would come at Pyro’s state-of-the-art sound design studio. Notable captures include seashells cascading across eroding boulders, the snap of bone-dry driftwood, and the tamp of footsteps in the wet sand.
The collection includes a plethora of 100% new-to-the-world kicks, snares, transitions, and tonal strikes plus over 20 auxiliary percussion instruments that can provide the differentiating touch you were searching for.
- Pyro Audio samples work with all popular DAWs and groove production software that supports .WAV files. This includes (but is not limited to): Ableton Live, Logic Pro X, MPC Software, Maschine, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Studio One, iPad apps, and so on.
- Pyro Audio samples work with any hardware samplers that support 24-bit, 48 kHz .WAV files. Older samplers that do not support internal loading of 24-bit content will require that the samples be converted to 16-bit or lower. A number of free converter tools are available here so that if your requirements change, you can still use your Pyro collection.