68 drum samples that fuse man & machine
ANDROID imagines a world of sound where the boxy minimalism and space of robot function collides with the authenticity of an analog, human music producer. The results are drum instruments that play as naturally as a drum kit but inspire the creative imagination.
• 68 all-new production-ready percussion instruments (that's over four 16-pad banks!) that smear the line between human and machine feel
• Loaded with kicks, snares, and auxiliary percussion that jump out of your speakers with character. A unique arsenal of transitions offer shape-shifting possibilities for your tracks
• Samples born from cutlery, industrial bins, tow-grade chains, boiling liquids and more
• Extensive frequency manipulation and "plain sight" hiding of core elements to preserve character while offering unique, production ready sounds
• Re-energizes your existing projects, or acts as a fast jumpoff point for new ideas
• Authored in the high-definition 96 kHz, 24-bit domain for impressive dynamic range that pokes through your speakers
Inside you’ll find over 60 go-to drum samples designed from scratch, melding hard-hitting transients with three-dimensional spaces. As a standalone collection or supplement to drum machines and virtual instruments, it delivers impact with virtually-there spatial imaging.
Recorded entirely in the 96 kHz, 24-bit domain, ANDROID is rich with wide dynamics and sticky textures that add sonic interest to your projects. ANDROID was captured using Sennheiser field microphones (including shotgun and AMBEO varieties), as well as large diaphragm models from Neumann and Audio-Technica. The underlying sound events in ANDROID range from industrial garbage bins, heavy-duty chains and vegetable peelers to rusted tin containers and boiling pastas (don’t worry, you won’t recognize them).
Using specialized frequency shifting techniques (but not pitch-correction software) and a proprietary signal chain, these core elements were then refined into percussive one-shots that poke through your mix. ANDROID effortlessly wanders into new aural territory, bringing back an inspiring collection of drums for the future producer in you.
This sound pack is royalty-free and yours to use for as long as you possess it.
- Pyro Audio samples work with all popular DAWs and groove production software that supports .WAV files. This includes (but is not limited to): Ableton Live, Logic Pro X, MPC Software, Maschine, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Studio One, iPad apps, and so on.
- Pyro Audio samples work with any hardware samplers that support 24-bit, 48 kHz .WAV files. Older samplers that do not support internal loading of 24-bit content will require that the samples be converted to 16-bit or lower. A number of free converter tools are available here so that if your requirements change, you can still use your Pyro collection.