69 percussion samples that vibrate with inimitable texture
This sample pack realizes the sonically-rich potential of an acoustic guitar into visionary futuristic drum sounds that vibrate with originality. From the metallic snap of road case latches to the sustained drag of a hand across the soundboard, SOUNDBOX is a fire starting drum kit full of harmonic surprises.
NOTE: This sound pack is NOT a collection of chromatic guitar note samples, nor is it a VST. While it does include select pitched samples, though they are percussive in nature. SOUNDBOX is all about the guitar’s transients, exploited from the percussionists perspective.
- 69 all-new, production-ready percussion samples (that's over FOUR 16-pad banks!) with incredibly harmonic-rich DNA
- all samples are production-ready .WAV files spanning kicks, snares, auxiliary percussion, transitions, and more
- 100% of the sample cores were extracted from a solid mahogany tonewood acoustic guitar playing experience—from a percussionists' perspective
- ultra-high wide dynamic range samples born from 24-bit / 96 kHz recordings featuring the Sennheiser and Neumann microphones
SOUNDBOX features 69 from-scratch sounds for composing music with the distinctive percussive elements extracted from the acoustic guitar. 100% of the samples in this collection were conceived from a hand-selected Martin with solid mahogany tonewood, it’s factory case, and session-exclusive Martin strings.
SOUNDBOX was captured in high-resolution 24-bit/96 kHz using various mic’ing techniques to bring the listener as close to a guitars’ audible mechanics as possible. A short list of mics deployed include large-diaphragm transformerless condensers from Neumann and small-diaphragm stereo matched pairs from Sennheiser. To help transfer the guitar’s extreme dynamic range to the digital domain, the guitar and its case were captured in an acoustically-inert soundproof booth, practically eliminating any exterior noise floor influence. The results were an aural microscope that focused on the slap, thump, grit, and body that ultimately became these other-worldly drum samples.
- Pyro Audio samples work with all popular DAWs and groove production software that supports .WAV files. This includes (but is not limited to): Ableton Live, Logic Pro X, MPC Software, Maschine, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Studio One, iPad apps, and so on.
- Pyro Audio samples work with any hardware samplers that support 24-bit, 48 kHz .WAV files. Older samplers that do not support internal loading of 24-bit content will require that the samples be converted to 16-bit or lower. A number of free converter tools are available here so that if your requirements change, you can still use your Pyro collection.