Over 280 drum samples to add that vibrant splash of color that your projects have been looking for
Spanning 3 diverse, highly-visual sub-kits, PAINT is a huge collection of percussion samples dripping with character.
• 280+ all-new production-ready percussion instruments across 3 kits, all organized into part folders (kicks, snares, hats, etc)
• Thematic timbres and textures across a huge variety of instrument types including newly designed chromatic pecussion
• Workflow-friendly organization of sounds for maximizing each sub-kit or mix n' match roulette-style kit building
• Wide-ranging capture techniques and recording locations/subjects include underground caverns, hotel stairwells, Las Vegas street performers, etc
• Selectx samples feature spatial audio core captures and MPC 1000 pass-thru sonic shaping
• Authored in the high-definition 24-bit domain for impressive dynamic range that pokes through your speakers
PAINT contains 3 highly diverse sounding sub-kits totalling over 280 original sounds captured and constructed from scratch. The recording sessions fo this sound pack were nearly as diverse, captured over the last 6 months in underground caverns, the Las Vegas streets, airplane cabins, hotel stairwells, and our very own sound design lab. Select samples use the famed MPC 1000 converters for that signature “poke” in your headphones and speakers. Every kit features inspiring textures with intricate sonic articulations woven into the samples themselves.
Sonically, each kits’ samples feature relating “DNA” for a fast workflow—grab a kick, snare, and hat from a sub-kit and they compliment each others’ timbres. The real fun begins when you mix and match parts from the sub-kits to create all-new combinations and grooves no one has heard yet.
The recording techniques used in PAINT include spatial audio (binaural AMBEO captures), 1-sound-1-mic spot recordings, and progressive layering with completely unique signal flow. For example, select samples were first layered with a looping pedal, fed through analog preamps, re-routed into the MPC 1000, then re-sampled through a tabletop effects processor before getting captured into SSL 4k series-based interface preamps.
Here’s a breakdown:
|Bits & Chunks||17||13||11|
|Hi-Hats & Cymbals||5||11||11|
|Kicks & Toms||3||21||14|
Capturing the dry, warm tone of the TAMA Pancake kit
This sound pack is royalty-free and yours to use for as long as you possess it.
- Pyro Audio samples work with all popular DAWs and groove production software that supports .WAV files. This includes (but is not limited to): Ableton Live, Logic Pro X, MPC Software, Maschine, FL Studio, Pro Tools, Studio One, iPad apps, and so on.
- Pyro Audio samples work with any hardware samplers that support 24-bit, 48 kHz .WAV files. Older samplers that do not support internal loading of 24-bit content will require that the samples be converted to 16-bit or lower. A number of free converter tools are available here so that if your requirements change, you can still use your Pyro collection.