Our ninth limited-edition sound pack THUNDER is a giant-sized foot to the chest—in fact, it’s 50 custom-designed kick drums created specifically for Pyro Audio members.
THUNDER exits the endless rehashes of vintage drum machines with an explosive fusion of high-energy samples that you can feel—instantly setting your tracks apart from the same sounds you’ve been hearing over and over and over. Designed by painstakingly weaving state-of-the-art acoustic captures with frequency-shredding synthesis techniques, THUNDER contains completely new textures the world will experience for the first time through your music.
The true versatility of THUNDER comes from the collection’s ability to jumpstart songs or equally serve as the missing link in a project. The samples within THUNDER slam, slap, wobble, warp, whip, and crackle with searing confidence. Select kick samples include complex articulations that seemingly unfold as the sample progresses, encouraging counter rhythms and bouncy syncopation. Use them alone or stack them with your sound libraries to create mind-blowing instruments that fill loudspeakers and headphones to the brim.
In all, we used 5 microphones to capture 4 acoustic drums on 2 mediums in order to arrive at these 50 kick samples. THUNDER features an eclectic mix of strike mediums—rubberized orchestral sticks, felt kick beaters, neoprene pads and shoe heels powered drums from Yamaha, Ludwig, Sonor, and Meinl. From there, each ultra-high resolution capture carries a synthetic element ranging from elaborate pitch bends to multi-layer distorted sub-bass notes. The results are inspiring samples with unique character you can’t get anywhere else.
To get THUNDER, simply join Pyro Audio and we'll deliver an instant download link right to your inbox. Oh, and it's free with promo code TRYPYRO (seriously).
- 50 all-new, production-ready kick drums (that's over three 16-pad banks!) like you've never heard before—each custom designed to inspire FAST
- hybrid samples that meld the best of event capture with frequency-shredding synthesis techniques
- a huge variety of kicks to ignite your creativity; slams, pokes, drawls, warps, rises, and so much more
- completely new and unique synthetic elements expertly woven into an organic kick drum capture
- captured using 5 state-of-the-art microphones across 4 bass drums using an eclectic mix of strike objects such as shoe heels, rubber mallets, and more
OUR NEXT SOUND PACK
Our next sound pack (Volume 10) will be available on May 1st 2019, and as always, will feature 100% new and all-original sounds for your sound library—delivered automatically to active Pyro Audio members.
If you have any questions about this sound pack or Pyro in general, please contact us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
It all starts with a spark...