Volume 5 - HUMAN
The fifth sound pack in our limited-edition series, HUMAN was a massive collection of one-shots produced by aggressively mutating the world’s original musical instrument—the human body. HUMAN balanced organic sound captures with the hybrid, futuristic touch Pyro is known for. This sound pack demonstrated the nuanced dynamics and frequency-rich behaviours that only the human body can create.
The limited-edition sample collection included 168 all-new sounds that go far beyond claps and slaps (though some of our best sounding versions of the former are certainly included). HUMAN is a complete drum arsenal from the far corners of your imagination, with distinctly designed textures that reimagine what the body is capable of creating. This collection was captured using 16 microphones in 7 different recording environments, on 3 unique mediums. For the first time ever, Pyro incorporated Sennheiser x Apogee AMBEO spatial technology on select samples to immerse the listener inside a 3-dimensional sound field. HUMAN provided even more sonic ammunition with futuristic takes on the beatbox. These samples seamlessly diffuse natural, phonetic percussion with modern sonic tools for supernatural instruments that stretch the capabilities of speakers and headphones alike.
More human elements evolved into HUMAN instruments included crackling joints, multiple combinations of fabric impacts/rubs, kicks (literally) and steps in various combinations of shoes/surfaces, bubble gum pops, tongue clicks, and many other surprises.
HUMAN was a limited edition sound pack and was archived at the end of December 2018—never to be sold or distributed ever again.
Join Pyro Audio and we'll deliver new sounds right to your inbox, every single month. It's free to try with promo code TRYPYRO. For the record, HUMAN contained:
- 168 all-new, production-ready sounds from tomorrow (that's 10+ 16-pad banks!); kicks, snares, hats, impacts, choppable chunks, transitions, aux percussion, and plenty of surprises
- each sample contained 100% organic human sounds—not one drum stick or acoustic drum (save the human body) was used to create these samples despite their incredible transients and depth
- a breathtakingly original collection that upgrades new your studio's sound
- recorded on 3 different mediums including analog cassette processing on select samples
- captured using a combination of 16 different microphones in 7 unique environments
- select samples used Sennheiser x Apogee AMBEO spatial audio technology for incredible immersion into an entirely new sonic world
- wet and dry variations of select samples for endless tweaking
- each sound’s unique sonic fingerprint can instantly refresh existing tracks, or form the basis for all-new rhythms