Volume 4 - AXLES
Our fourth Limited Edition Sound Pack AXLES explored the complex audible layers of wheeled and rotating objects. Inspired by articulating devices, we synthesized new percussion samples with organic sound events, producing one-shots that seemingly come from no place or time.
This sound pack is a feast of organic sound design, featuring 66 all-new sounds that add an extra gear to your creative process. We sought out axled devices with distinct sonic characteristics: electronic motors, door impacts, spice grinders, utility wheels, loaded springs, pressurized soda bottles, and antique door knobs are just a small cross-section of the axles dissolved into our drum samples.
NOTE: AXLES contains samples with extreme dynamic ranges—sometimes even within the same sample. Use of compression and brick-wall limiting may be desired depending on your mix.
Capturing an axle was just the beginning—samples needing host instruments also needed their own unique flavor to compliment the piggy-backed sound event. Thus we incorporated a variety of rooms and mic’ing distances to broaden the desirable noise component of each sound. As a result, each sample has an impossible-to-imitate sustain and decay characteristic. Stuck on a tired drum sequence? Plug these samples in and watch the magic unfold. Need inspiration? Pull up this kit, crank the volume and start finger-drumming.
AXLES was a limited edition sound pack and was archived at the end of November 2018—never to be sold or distributed ever again.
Join Pyro Audio and we'll deliver new sounds right to your inbox, every single month. It's free to try with promo code TRYPYRO. For the record, AXLES contained:
- 66 all-new, production-ready sounds from tomorrow (that's 4+ 16-pad banks!); kicks, snares, transitions, aux percussion, and plenty of surprises
- each sample contains layered and/or ADSR elements of axled objects in motion
- a collection that brings new sonic territory to your studio
- motion events include doors, spice grinders, latches, hinges, wheels, loaded springs, soda bottles, motors, toys and so much more
- wet and dry variations of select samples for instant inspiration
- each sound’s unique sonic fingerprint can instantly refresh existing tracks, or form the basis for all-new rhythms